Grade 3 curriculum highlights:
- Heritage Day
- Field trips to Conner Prairie and Clowes Hall
- Introduction to cursive
- Multiplication and division fact fluency
- Rosary making
- Daily Five reading approach
- Use of technology daily with in-class iPads & Smart Board technology
- Practice fluency through Reader’s Theater and Poetry Presentations
- Mini-economy store experience
- Compass Learning, RAZ Kids, Brain Pop Jr., Xtra Math, learning.com
- Weekly masses, prayer circles
- Differentiated language and math review daily review
Mrs. Hyvonen -I was born in Chicago. I attended St. Denis Elementary School and Lourdes High School. I attended St. Joseph College in Rensselaer, Indiana where received a BA in Elementary Education and a minor in Spanish. After graduation, I returned to Chicago to teach second grade at St. Dorothy School for three years. In 1998, I moved to Indianapolis and began teaching at St. Monica School. During my time at St. Monica, I have taught 2nd grade, Preschool, 4th grade, and 3rd grade. I enjoy reading, visiting family in Chicago, and watching movies. I am passionate about teaching and enjoy keeping up-to-date on best practices and current trends in education.
Miss Lynch - I was born and raised in Indianapolis and attended St. Monica for nine years. I am also a graduate of Cardinal Ritter High School and went on to attend Franklin College. I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education with an English as a New Language (ENL) minor in 2015. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, trying new restaurants, traveling, and attending concerts. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be back at the school that helped inspire me to become a teacher.
Find us on our Facebook page HERE