29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
RCIA Session, October 25
Psalm 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22
"The LORD was pleased to crush him in infirmity. If he gives his life as an offering for sin, he shall see his descendants in a long life, and the will of the LORD shall be accomplished through him." -cf. Isaiah 53:10-11
"Jesus said to them, 'You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I drink or be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?'" -cf. Mark 10:35-45
CALENDAR: Small Groups rather than usual Class Groups, Thursday, October 25!
- Sunday, October 21 - No Sunday Morning Spanish RCIA - Team Meeting Instead, from 10 am to noon
- Wednesday, October 24 - Team Meeting for Spanish Thursday Sponsors and Shepherds, 7:30 pm
- October 25: Small Groups - Parents with Children, Adults also meet in small groups
- November 1: Holy Day of Obligation - All Saints Day - NO RCIA, instead all are asked to come to Mass, dressed as a saint
GOAL THIS WEEK:
- To introduce the Spiritual & Corporal Works of Mercy, the Theological & Cardinal Virtues
- To help families practice having "faith conversations" together
- To give adults a chance to share faith with one another
- To strongly encourage RCIA candidates and their families to intentionally practice the virtues and works of mercy
- Follow through on the promise you make in prayer at this week's RCIA Session.
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.'