posted on Jul 23, 2018
July 17th, 2018
Greetings St. Monica!
On July 5, 2018, Archbishop Thompson assigned Fr. Jeffrey Dufresne to serve as Associate Pastor of St. Monica and as Chaplain Coordinator at Cardinal Ritter Sr./Jr. High School. While Fr. Dufresne will count on assistance from the priests of the West Deanery to offer sacraments at the Deanery High School, this assignment will require him to offer Mass, hear confessions, and be a pastoral presence regularly at Cardinal Ritter. In particular, the following duties will require Fr. Dufresne’s presence at the campus:
- One daily Mass each week on Thursday at 7:20 AM
- Two hours of confessions each week (Tuesday or Thursday from 11 AM-1:20 PM)
- Monthly All-School Mass
- Ministry of presence on Thursday morning and/or Tuesday afternoon each week.
- Sacramental ministry during Cardinal Ritter retreats throughout the school year.
- Other campus ministry events as needed.
We are hopeful that Fr. Dufresne’s collaboration with the Administration, Faculty, and Staff at Cardinal Ritter will lead the students closer to Christ and encourage them to discern vocations to the priesthood, consecrated life, and marriage. However, this important ministry to the faculty and students of our deanery high school will require us to make some adjustments in our sacramental schedule here at St. Monica. The following adjustments are being proposed:
- Both Fr. Todd and Fr. Dufresne will take Monday as their day off each week, effective August 13.
- The Monday daily Mass and confessions will be cancelled effective the same day.
- Dufresne will say the 5:30 PM Mass and hear confessions on Tuesday evenings effective August 21. We will be working on a schedule for a Tuesday afternoon Mass for each of our Nursing Homes. This will be a work in progress until we are able to come up with a regular schedule but we are hoping to be able to advertise and invite parishioners to attend these Masses.
For those who wish to attend daily Mass, especially on Mondays, the following Catholic Institutions in our parish boundaries all offer daily Masses:
St. Vincent’s Hospital
317 338 2088
St. Augustine Home
Brebeuf Jesuit High School
317 524 7050
St. Gabriel (cohort parish)
317 291 7014
We are grateful for your patience and cooperation as we discern how best to serve both St. Monica and Cardinal Ritter most effectively in faithfulness to our assignments from the Archbishop.
Rev. Todd M. Goodson, Pastor